Wednesday 2 March 2011

Andrea II – Dismissed


‘No, you haven’t offended me’ she says blandly. ‘People come here and they’re angry, sad, irrational, whatever. I don’t take it personally.’
And I came in here worrying that I’d upset her. Now I’m pissed off that she’s not.
It was bloody personal. She’s a rich bitch and she knows nothing. And I’m not being irrational, or not especially. This isn't working out.
‘I’m sorry, I can’t do this any more’ I say as resolutely as I can.
I don’t really want to stop coming. I just want her to take me seriously.
‘Ok’ she says. ‘I’ll get Andy to take over. He’s got some time.’
She must’ve been expecting this.
Damn. I can’t play this game.
‘No, look. I don’t want to stop.’
‘You don’t?’
‘No.’
‘Well can you tell me what you do want?’
So patronizing. I want her to give me some respect but she either will or she won’t. I can’t demand it. She probably wouldn’t even understand what I mean. Probably say I’m being paranoid or ‘over sensitive’. How often have I heard that? I feel like a thirteen year old again. I hate this.
‘Doesn’t matter’ I mutter finally, somewhat irritably, looking away. I want her to suffer a bit at least.
‘No, I think we should bring this to a close’ she says, standing up. ‘I’ll speak to Andy. Ok?’
Now I really feel crap. I’m being given up on, on top of everything else. I hate this so much.
I go up on deck without saying anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A life backwards

It's in the nature of blogs of course that you come across the latest postings first (or you find yourself in the middle.) Normally it doesn't matter but if you want to read my novel in order, the first installment is as you'd expect, the oldest posting.
Thanks for your patience.

Steve